Popular Post

Fashion Statement or Humanitarian?


 Like a vintage Gucci bag, black babies are still in style this season. Celebrities and housewives are flocking to the nearest orphanage to pick one up. Well not the nearest, actually the farthest and poorest one they can find to get their black baby. Many feel that whites are not well equipped to care for a black child and actually criticize them for adopting black children to form some kind of ’fashion statement’. Me, on the other hand, is totally agreeable with it. If I was a child in a dirty, raggedy orphanage in some third world country, and you told me that Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt wanted to adopt me, I’m going! I could care less about what color their skin is or if it’s a fashion statement my main thought is to get the hell out of there! What we have to understand is in general, we are trying to make the situation better for these kids, it will never be perfect because no ones life is ever perfect. So if a millionaire wants to adopt a black child living in poverty for a fashion statement, so be it. The world we live in is full of it...
By Megan Chase   www.twitter.com/meganchase1