Popular Post

INTRODUCING...VIVACIOUS MOVIES

By Qiana M


The smell of popcorn and candy fills the air. The theater gets dark and the screen lights up with previews.  Ahh! The movies… America’s other favorite past time.  As far back as I can remember, I’ve always been drawn to the movies. What preteen/teenager doesn’t recall being dropped off at the show or meeting up with friends at the mall? Sneaking into R rated movies was short of a rite of passage.   

Stepping into the theater nowadays, I no longer am embarking on a movie excursion as a patron. Ever since I’ve been bitten by the acting bug during my sophomore year at Michigan State University, my movie going experience has doubled as research.  As Qiana M, the aspiring actress, it is my job to keep abreast of not only the latest blockbusters but the most sought after directors, casting directors, producers and film production companies I may someday find myself working with/for.  When I gaze up at the movie screen, I often envision myself there starring amongst the film credits.

Now that I've been cast in my first official film (supporting role in the upcoming indie film, "What Niya Wants"), I'm ready take Hollywood by the horns. Watch for the trailer coming soon to a 17" screen near you. In the meantime, I'll be right here reporting from the red carpet dishing on indie and mainstream blockbusters, movie premieres, DVD releases, trailers and other movie tidbits.

Lights...camera...action!

Follow Qiana M on Twitter - www.twitter.com/qianam